Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Learning Trainee
Under the direct supervision of the Senior MEAL Officer, the MEAL Trainee will be assisting in and contribute to implementing of the monitoring activities and aspects, this includes, to monitor and collect information and data on aspects of IRW projects and related activities from field visits and contacts with related stakeholders involved in the various projects in Turkey and other locations if required, and report findings to the Senior MEAL Officer. MEAL Trainee will be based in Istanbul Office in Turkey, with frequent travel to the project’s sites in other sub offices and locations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in collect the required information pertaining to IRW interventions from using monitoring visits and the other tools.
• Collecting the required data related to the project activity in light of senior MEAL officer instructions/directives.
• Collecting the required data as per the set plan to identify gaps, needs, vulnerable groups, etc. in the project design phase and/or after onset of the natural disasters.
• Conducting interviews and surveys with the targeted individuals as per the set plans.
• Assisting in the verifications process of the project beneficiaries.
• Assist the Senior MEAL Officer to ensuring functionality and the accessibility of beneficiary Accountability and Complaint Mechanism.
• Assist the Senior MEAL Officer in conducting the required monitoring activities as Monitor activities and output.
• To communicate any significant changes in the project activities and provide regular feedback to Senior MEAL Officer and relevant team members.
• Participate to staff meetings and contribute positively when required.
• To ensure data collected from the field is immediately processed and passed on to the Senior MEAL Officer before the following field trip.
• To assist in conducting core team activities in needs assessments, surveys, and other assessments in collaboration with IRW relevant local partners and NGOs.
• To work in co-ordination with the team and other concerned parties including IRW projects’ teams to maintain regular exchange of information.
• Assist in the documentation of the project meetings/workshops.
• Support in collection of project stories, reports, lessons learned, good practices, photos and case studies.
• Assist in implementation of the activities related to archiving and record management.
• To carry out other assigned tasks compatible with the job description when requested by Senior MEAL Officer.
• Strong ability to work with team and work independently and meet tight deadlines
• Good oral and written reporting skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, innovation.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics
• Being respectful and flexible**
• Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties and tasks
• Ability to work under pressure, with short time frames, and in risky situations.
• Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
• Able to travel to the project’s sites in other sub offices and locations.
• Turkish language is must.
· Speaking, listing, and writing Arabic is highly recommended.
• English reading and writing skills are desirable.
• University degree in a related field or relevant field experience.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of understanding in implementing questionnaires, interviews, and collecting observations.
• Proficiency computer skills, internet and search tools
• Proficiency in MS office and the ability to use software necessary for information management and reporting, competency in the use of statistical packages like Excel, and Kobo collect
• Must have cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Islamic Relief Türkiye – Uluslararası İslami Yardım Vakfı (UİYV) is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Islamic Relief engages. Islamic Relief expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. Islamic Relief also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings related to safeguarding during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
|Years of Experience:||No experience preference|
|Level of education:||Bachelor’s(Graduate), Master’s(Student), Bachelor’s(Student), Associate Degree(Graduate)|
|Languages:||Turkish( Reading : Native Language, Writing : Native Language, Speaking : Native Language) English( Reading : Good, Writing : Good, Speaking : Good)|
|Company Industry:||Foundations, Non-governmental organizations|
|Job Role:||Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Learning|
|Job Type :||Permanent / Full-time|
|Number of vacancies:||Not Specified|
09 Şubat 2022